build day program
Whether your team members are skilled tradespeople or beginners that have never swung a hammer, your group can be part of the Habitat Build Day experience.
Do you want to participate in a hands-on, fun and meaningful team-building experience with your group? Sign-up for Habitat for Humanity’s Build Days today!
It’s an opportunity to promote volunteerism within your organization at the same time as helping to make the dream of homeownership a reality for more Nova Scotia families who need a hand up.
Habitat homes are built through the generosity of donors and volunteers. Whether you’re a company, team, group, or family/friends, you can all get involved with Build Days. You will have a one-of-a-kind experience on a build site while you receive training and come together as a team to help us build a home.
I had such a great experience with Habitat for Humanity. It was a very fun day and a great way to get out and support the families in our community. Not only did we team up with an incredible organization, we also got to represent our company – who shows great pride in giving back to the people who help our business grow.”
– Victoria Wilson, RBC Habitat Build Day crew 201
Build Day groups consist of up to 10 people per site that will work on all aspects of the build depending on where the progress stands. The minimum donation for the day is $5000 for up to 20 people. This donation can be gained through fundraising or corporate donation and/or internal giving programs. 100% of your donation goes directly toward building the homes. Not-for-profit and faith rates are available. Money raised through Habitat Build Day contributes to land purchase and building materials or supplies that are not donated. Numbers of volunteers and date availability vary by site and project.
We have homes being built across the province and would be happy to set your group up on the site that works best for you and the timing of construction.
No Experience Necessary!
Habitat Nova Scotia provides everything required, including safety equipment, experienced on-site leadership, and a day to remember.Book your Build Day
Why Build Days?
- Unique team building experience.
- Fun, interactive and tangible way to give back to your community.
- Enhance your organization’s brand by being affiliated with Habitat Nova Scotia and building homes for Nova Scotia families.
- A chance to take part in an active volunteer experience and learn some construction skills.
- The work your group does will stand as a permanent structure – a home for a family!
- Participate in providing affordable housing for low-income families in our communities.
What we provide
- Coffee, water, snacks and lunch.
- A digital team photo.
- Habitat Nova Scotia Build t-shirt for each volunteer.
- All safety gear, including steel toe boots, hard hats, gloves, masks, goggles and ear protection.
- Trained team leaders on-site to guide your group and the day’s work.
- Fun, friendly and safe environment that fosters a unified team.
- Recognition of your company on social media and listed in our annual report.
- The chance to learn about the families Habitat helps and the importance for safe, healthy affordable housing.
- An invitation to Home Dedication ceremonies.
How your group benefits
Build morale and engagement among your group with this natural team building opportunity. Build days are great for team integration!
The work your group does will stand as a permanent structure – a home for a family! All tasks get us closer to completing more homes.
Provide your group with the chance to take part in an active volunteer experience and learn some construction skills. No experience is necessary – we’ll teach you what you need to know along the way.
Your group will have direct contact with Habitat’s work, staff, long-term volunteers and families that partner with Habitat for homeownership.
Make a Positive Difference!
By participating in a team build, you can make a difference in the lives of families in need of a Hand Up, not a Hand Out.Book your Build Day