Do you want to participate in a hands-on, teambuilding experience with your group?
Habitat for Humanity’s Build Days provide an innovative, fun and meaningful team-building experience. It’s also an opportunity to promote volunteerism within your organization at the same time as helping to make the dream of homeownership a reality for more Nova Scotia families who need a hand up.
Habitat homes are built through the
generosity of donors and volunteers
Whether you’re a company, team, group, or family/friends, you can all get involved with Build Days. You will have a one-of-a-kind experience on a build site while you receive training and come together as a team to help us build a home. No construction experience or skills necessary!
Habitat Nova Scotia provides everything required, including safety equipment, experienced on-site leadership, and a day to remember.
Build Day groups consist of up to 10 people per site that will work on all aspects of the build depending on where the progress stands. The minimum donation for the day is $2,500 for up to 10 people, or $5,000 for 20 people. This donation can be gained through fundraising or corporate donation and/or internal giving programs. 100% of your donation goes directly toward building the homes.
We have homes being built across the province in 2017, all in various stages of construction—Halifax, Oxford, Whitney Pier, and Bridgewater; we would be happy to set your group up on the site that works best for you and the timing of construction.
Why Build Days?
- Unique team building experience.
- Fun, interactive and tangible way to give back to your community.
- Enhance your organization’s brand by being affiliated with Habitat Nova Scotia and building homes for Nova Scotia families.
- A chance to take part in an active volunteer experience and learn some construction skills.
- The work your group does will stand as a permanent structure – a home for a family!
- Participate in providing affordable housing for low-income families in our communities.
What Habitat for Humanity provides:
- Coffee, water, snacks and lunch.
- A digital team photo.
- Habitat Nova Scotia Build t-shirt for each volunteer.
- All safety gear, including steel toe boots, hard hats, gloves, masks, goggles and ear protection.
- Trained team leaders on-site to guide your group and the day’s work.
- Fun, friendly and safe environment that fosters a unified team.
- Recognition of your company on social media and listed in our annual report.
- The chance to learn about the families Habitat helps and the importance for safe, healthy affordable housing.
- An invitation to Home Dedication ceremonies.
What your group gains:
Build morale and engagement among your group with this natural team building opportunity. Build days are great for team integration!
The work your group does will stand as a permanent structure – a home for a family! All tasks get us closer to completing more homes.
Provide your group with the chance to take part in an active volunteer experience and learn some construction skills. No experience is necessary – we’ll teach you what you need to know along the way.
Your group will have direct contact with Habitat’s work, staff, long-term volunteers and families that partner with Habitat for homeownership.
To book your Build Day, contact email@example.com