- A working family with children under 18 and two years of recent work experience?
- Living in sub-standard and/or unsafe housing conditions?
- Willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity by volunteering?
As a not-for-profit organization, Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to the elimination of inadequate housing by building homes in partnership with families in need. We believe in giving a hand-up and not a hand-out. Habitat partner families contribute to the construction of their own homes and then repay a long-term, no-interest and no down-payment mortgage.
Criteria for becoming a Habitat Partner
Habitat Partner families are chosen on the basis of the following:
• Need for safe, decent, affordable homeownership
• Ability to repay a no-interest, no down-payment mortgage
• Willingness to work in partnership with Habitat
Apply for a Home
Complete our online pre-application form below to register for an information session where you will learn more about eligibility requirements.
If, after we have reviewed your application, we determine you meet the requirements to partner with Habitat for Humanity Nova Scotia, you will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Still unsure? Feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org